Customer Service Section (LRS) responds to all customer logistics concerns and proactively anticipates problems that could stand in the way of wing units fulfilling mission requirements. Perform unique warehouse functions and must know how to assign locations and conduct inventories. Responsible for interfacing with AFMC Supply Chain Management -- Retail (SCM-R) activities and provides guidance to work center supervisors on utilization of supply management products, all in accordance with the contract SOW and relevant Air Force Instructions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor the overall maintenance and materiel interface; perform document control, customer support, research and base level records maintenance, base level stock control functions, bench stock management.
- Manage commercially available supplies and equipment for the entire Kandahar mission except as established through other contracting vehicles.
- Parts Requisitioning. Order parts for customers who do not have access to ES-S, place demands, verify requirements, and monitor status of supplies ordered through the Enterprise Solution-Supply System (ES-S).
- Mission Capable (MICAP) - Perform MICAP functions for organizations without a Decentralized Supply Support (DSS), organizations will coordinate any supply- related issues with the Customer Support Liaison Element.
- Process MICAP requests (immediately), even during system outages.
- Records Maintenance/Research - Perform Records Maintenance/Research base level functions, with 100% compliance required.
- Supply Discrepancy Reports (SDR). Research and clear all discrepancies, with 100% compliance required.
- Report of Discrepancy List (NGV587) and MILSTAMP Tracer Reconciliation (NGV597). Research and clear discrepancies IAW AFH 23-123, Vol 2, Part 2, Chap 6/6.25 and 6.26.
- Document Control. Establish a Document Control function. Work with IRP to identify delinquent documents and work/clear delinquent documents within twenty four (24) hours of occurrence.
- Record Reversal and Correction. Follow the correct procedures for Reverse Post.
- Reject Management. Manage rejects. Reject monitor will work/clear rejects within twenty four (24) hours of occurrence.
- Where required coordinate Base-Level Supply Customer Training as it pertains to Block I (General Materiel Management Indoctrination), Block IIA/B (Bench Stock/Repair Cycle), COMSEC and IUID training.
- Where required, coordinate materiel management related training needs for decentralized materiel support personnel.
- Coordinate with customers to obtain mission impact statements to substantiate supply assistance requests.
- Perform unique warehouse functions and must know how to assign locations and conduct inventories.
- Run additional reports listing that pertain to Customer Service section LIMS-EV/ES-S.
- Interfaces with other functional areas such as Receiving, Inspection, Inventory, and Transportation sections in order to coordinate shortages, other discrepancies, or expedite stock problems.
- Perform housekeeping duties within area and help maintain a safe working environment.
- Able to assists customers with purchasing status and convey to customer's shipping information and confirm arrival of materials.
- Provide Customer Service support to remote US or Coalition sites as required, air transport will be coordinated by military.
US Secret Security clearance, ability to obtain a CAC card.
Experience in US Air Force Supply (LRS) Customer Services Technician (E3/E4), Career field 2S051/2S071
Experience with US Air Force Supply Computer System - ESS, LIMS-EV.
Must have valid Driver Licence. Copy of licence required
Preferred -- Valid HazMat certificate for storage, handling and distribution.
Preferred -- Valid Forklift certificate up to 7/10 ton.
- Must have proven experience of functions and activities relating to USAF Supply material management requirements and computer systems, predominantly in Customer Services.
- An understanding of US Air force instructions with the ability to research AFI/AFM for clarification and compliance.
- Minimum 3 years' service in U.S. Air Force Supply preferably E4/E5 in career field 2S051/2S071.
- Preferred knowledge of other USAF Supply Management functions, with the ability to assist with secondary duty functions in APS, FSC Repair cycle, Inventory & Inspection, Equipment and Central Storage.
- Proficient in the use of computers Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Good oral and written communications skills required with excellent organizational abilities and customer facing experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of health, safety and environmental matters within the workplace. Where stipulated will wear relevant PPE as required by the task and security conditions.
- Position is located in a war zone in a contingency environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions, including lifting, carrying and wearing 25 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
- Military experience in a hostile environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.
- Willingness to comply with applicable Government and Corporate regulations, policies and procedures
* All Resume's should contain all previous US Air Force roles, positions and experience relating to Supply (LRS) functions with a copy of the DD214 and where necessary include additional functional experience as below:
APS, FSC, Inventory, Inspection, Equipment and Central Storage
Main role as identified above however individual must be adaptable to work other areas within the LRS section as required at the discretion of the Supply Manager.
Company OSS - Location Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan - Rotation -- 12 weeks on 3 weeks off
Up to 12 hour shift patterns per day/night as operationally required
Room share with one other
Equal Opportunity Employer opens a pdf file