Looking to make a difference? Now's your chance! We are looking for people to help us plan, build and run one of the largest regional transit systems in the country. So if you like to be challenged, work in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for transportation, check out our current job openings. We offer a competitive benefits package, and a chance to have a positive impact on the environment and our region's quality of life.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for manning any of the operational positions within Sound Transit Security Operations Center (SOC) on a 24/7 on call basis. The Security Operation Center provides real time event detection, initial triage, response and reporting in accordance with Sound Transit established processes and procedures. Additionally, the SOC provides post-event investigation and after action analysis. The operational positions provide basic monitoring and analysis of multiple sources of information to develop a common operating picture and maintain overall, ongoing situational awareness and reporting.
1. Maintain current data regarding all on-going and upcoming activities regarding Sound Transit’s security and transit operations, regional events, and/or current threats to the system. Inform key stakeholders of events that have or may have negatively impacted operations and/or the customer experience. Provide current situation, courses of action underway, necessary additional information and updates are required.
2. Monitor and operate security systems to include 800 MHz Radio Systems, Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) systems, intrusion detection, fire alarm, access control, environmental monitoring, CCTV systems and various alerting systems (phone, email, text, panic alarms, and emergency call stations).
3. Analyze, respond to and initiate action related to one or more of these systems in accordance with Sound Transit’s security and operational requirements or in the absence of clear direction, use logic and sound judgement to initiate action.
4. Respond to, initiate action related to, and coordinate emergency response with local law enforcement, fire and medical emergency services during emergency situations.
5. Track and Dispatch security officers. Ensures compliance to Sound Transit’s Security and Operational priorities by Transit Security and Fare Enforcement Officers. Makes notification to appropriate unit supervisors when priorities are at risk or have not been met.
6. Document and deliver daily operational metrics.
7. Perform duties related to Crisis Management, Emergency Operations, and Service Interruptions focal point.
8. Interface with Sound Transit Public Safety Staff, Securitas security managers and guard force, Sound Transit Facilities management, and Sound Transit Modal Operations functions.
9. Monitor various maintenance alarms and act as primary contact between Station Agents, Transit Security and Fare Enforcement Officers regarding facilities maintenance and janitorial issues. Be problem solvers and act as structured communicators between requestor and facilities maintenance. Obtain information, triage, confirm maintenance issue from requestor and input the information into the computerized maintenance request system. Notify the appropriate personal as necessary.
10. Provide operational support to Sound Transit’s Badge Access program.
11. Contributing to the improvement of the Security Operations Center’s toolset by identifying opportunities for automation of existing process and proposing and implementing optimization solutions to enhance SOC’s value to internal and external stakeholder.
12. This position requires shift work. Candidate must be willing to work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays as necessary with possible overtime
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules and/or be on-call.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, or 3+ years of experience in a security, military, law enforcement or emergency services position. The candidate will also need to have 1+ years managerial experience in one or more of the following areas: security/military operations, service planning, service development or related operational field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company. Or equivalent combination of education / experience. Advanced SharePoint knowledge and skill is highly desired.
COMPETENCIES (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Ability to think logically and communicate effectively via oral and written presentations.
- Analyze situations accurately and recommend effective action.
- Proficient in the identification of problems, analysis of alternatives and providing sound recommendations
-Read, understand, interpret and explain a variety of codes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Present information to diverse groups.
- Be discreet and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Identify and utilize many sources of information for research purposes.
- Proficient research and documentation skills.
- Interact with others utilizing tact, patience and courtesy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, other Sound Transit departments, First Responders, elected officials and the public.
- Proficient in the use of all Security Operations Center equipment including 800 MHz Radios, personal computers and related software applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and public presentation skills.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent customer service skills required including a positive customer service orientation with both internal and external contacts.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
-Successful passage of background, reference, psychological, and controlled substance tests, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements
- Must be able to type 50 wpm with 85% profienciency rate
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area
- Must be flexible with the ability to work evenings, odd hours and weekends with little notice
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity
- Computer usage, keyboarding and operating controls which may include prolonged periods of data entry