Looking to make a difference? Now's your chance! We are looking for people to help us plan, build and run one of the largest regional transit systems in the country. So if you like to be challenged, work in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for transportation, check out our current job openings. We offer a competitive benefits package, and a chance to have a positive impact on the environment and our region's quality of life.
Job Responsibilities -
-Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
-Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
-Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
-Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process
-Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons. -
-Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
-Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents. Prepares logs and reports as required.
-Reports disruptive behavior on the system or property to local law enforcement
1. 3 years of Security experience
2. Some Military or Law Enforcement experience a plus.
3. Ability to communicate and interact with the public in a professional manner.
4. 21 years or older
5. US Citizenship or resident alien admitted to work in the United States
6. High School Diploma or GED
7. Valid Washington State Driver’s License
8. Ability to pass minimum driving requirements
9. Reliable means of communication
10. Reliable means of transportation
11. Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
12. Effective communication skills (written and verbal English)
13. Use of personal computer and standard office productivity software, including word processing and spreadsheet applications
14. Acceptable personal appearance.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
1. Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable WA state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers
2. Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures
3. Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form
4. Ability to be an effective team member
5. Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances
6. Courteous telephone manner
7. Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization
8. Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports
9. Good organizational skills
10. Ability to provide high quality customer service
11. Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures
Working Conditions (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
1. Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
2. May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area
3. May be required to work overtime without advance notice
4. Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
5. Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others
6. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain
7. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
8. Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
9. Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
10. May be required to use company vehicle in the performance of duties
11. On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity
12. Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others
13. May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information