Serving the construction industry since 1891 we understand how great people help to make great companies. Our people are our Brand. With a long history of employee and customer loyalty, we offer people the opportunity to perfect their skills while being part of an exciting team that is making a difference in the lives of customers and communities every day. Our commitment to making the world a better place is evident in our examples of environmental leadership and social responsibility, once again initiatives driven by the people of CalPortland. Our employees position us to support our mission: "Building a Second Century of Value through People, Quality and Service.” Join the CalPortland Company Talent Network today!
Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The Receptionist will be responsible for directing calls to appropriate associates, greeting visitors, employees and applicants, as well as additional clerical and administrative support duties.
• Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries to appropriate personnel
• Maintains department directories
• Coordination of local events, meetings, conference room calendars
• Maintains safe and clean receptionist area
• Copy customer ticket when requested
• Provide a variety of administrative and staff support services to management team
• Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail including inter-office mail
• Maintains fax machines and copy machine, sends faxes and distributes incoming faxes
• Perform special projects when needed. Other duties may be assigned
• Minimum of two years in a professional office setting as a front office receptionist / administrative assistant
• Possess good organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Completes work accurately and efficiently
• Working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong Customer Service skills (phone, email, in person)
• Professional and treats others with respect and consideration
• Attendance and punctuality are extremely important
• Reliable and dependable. Responds to management direction and completes projects on time.
• Self starter and can work well with limited supervision
Hours: Position is Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
CalPortland is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. Qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.