Semper Valens Solutions is seeking a Program Control Analyst for the company's Aberdeen, Maryland office. This position requires a professional and adaptive individual that will represent the company well and provide high functioning service
Program Control Analyst Duties:
Conduct quantitative analyses of information financially impacting contracts, project, and programs of Semper Valens Solutions. Provide fluid financial reporting management of contracts, project, and programs, assigned, or proactively sought, is critical. Must be able to anticipate needs, clear obstacles, and identify and take ownership of projects that need to be done.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Set-up, tracked and analyzed financial reports, ensured accuracy of timesheets and period of performance on all active projects assigned.
- Support project managers in projecting, tracking and applying cost controls to effectively manage established budgets.
- Audit monthly vendor invoices for accuracy and contractual requirements. R
- Processed billing activities in Deltek Costpoint for each assigned customer based on negotiated contract terms.
- Collected outstanding invoices based on customer A/R aging.
- Communicated daily with Program Managers to update them on account status.
- Coordinated, organized, and managed various reporting and finance quality initiatives.
- Aggregated financial data to prepare and disseminate status reports and spend plans across the organization. Created and submitted financial journal entries for cost adjustments and tracked/updated financial and administrative changes.
- Audited project and labor costs to ensure each was charged in compliance with contract regulations and task orders, including labor hours, labor categories, charge numbers, and various additional direct project costs.
- Minimized billing issues by reviewing and approving all invoices (government and subcontractor) both timely and accurately.
- Prepared written and verbal reports for upper management regarding cost and schedule variances per FAR and SOX requirements.
- Draw charts and graphs, using computer spreadsheets, to illustrate technical reports.
- Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing financial reporting practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, and budgetary requirements; implementing changes.
- Resolves financial reporting problems by coordinating with the Director of Finance or the Executive Group.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as financial reports, financial project management announcements and financial report reviews.
- Performs desktop publishing. Creates and develops visual presentations for the Director of Finance.
- Establishes, develops, maintains, and updates filing system for financial reporting.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Coordinates with vendors to receive appropriate information for IRS compliance requirements.
- Follows and complies to FAR and DAR regulations.
- Follows and complies to general accepted accounting practices (GAAP).
- Other administrative and financial reporting duties, as assigned.
Program Control Analyst Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher strongly preferred.
- 5+ years progressively complex financial experience.
- Experience in the DoD industry.
- Experience with project management.
- Ability to manage time-sensitive projects within a budget.
- Ability to work a varied schedule with flexible hours.
- Skills, knowledge, and ability to provide up to date financial reporting for projects, contracts and programs.
- Skills, knowledge, and ability to analyze financial reporting for projects, contracts and programs.
- Organization and time management skills – able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet changing. deadlines and requests, while strategically thinking ahead.
- Must be comfortable taking initiative, and have strong follow-through skills.
Program Control Analyst Required Skills:
Strong organizational skills; ability to effectively communicate orally; proficiency in technical editing and grammar to draft documentation, including the ability to edit and proofread; working or functional knowledge of computer office suites, e.g., MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and Project).
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
Must be able to demonstrate a professional demeanor.