Alaska Marine Lines is the leading marine transportation company providing barge service to and from Alaska and Hawaii. Benefits include: Amazing medical, dental and vision; Employer contribution towards spouse & dependent coverage; Matching contributions for 401(k); Defined contribution retirement plan; Flexible spending account; Employee assistance program; Group term life insurance; Long term disability and more. *Summary of benefits is offered to full time employees after waiting period and is subject to change at any time.
Alaska Marine Lines, the leading marine transportation company providing barge service to and from Alaska and Hawaii. We offer a stable and set work schedule that gives you a life outside of work. Having not had a single layoff in 35+ years, we offer you job stability in a career that can take you to retirement. Competitive pay and great benefits with a solid company that cares about its employees makes AML the place for you.
We are looking for someone to join our Freight Operations team at our Dock. Someone who wants to learn the basics of terminal operations knowing it can lead to a career. Is that you?
It is you if: You enjoy working outside and doing physical labor while loading and unloading freight from equipment and customer vehicles to ship to and from Alaska or Hawaii.
* Lash and unlash containers on barge vessels using a variety of gear available.
* Pick up, sorts and maintains lashing gear.
* Lash or unlash vehicles to and from platforms or barges using specialized equipment.
* Load shipments to containers and/or platforms utilizing judgment for efficiency in keeping with the nature of the freight involved.
* Secure shipments to avoid movement within or on different types of equipment using a variety of banding, dunnage, lumber, binders or chains. Ensure proper securement to prevent damage.
* Secure loose or bulky freight with banding and or chains to platforms.
* Operate up to a 6000 # forklift to receive and deliver or load palletized/unitized freight shipments. Handles loose shipments as required.
Our Benefits include:
Paid Time off - 8 paid holidays, 17 days paid time off a year (PTO) and extended leave paid time
Health - Complete benefit plan including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
Health for your family – we contribute towards medical, dental and vision for your spouse and dependents with low employee contributions
401(k) - we match of up to 50% of your first 6% contribution after 1 year of service
Additional retirement contribution – we add an annual contribution equal to 3% of your pay after 1 year of service
Tuition Reimbursement - Up to 50% of tuition and books with a maximum of $3,500 per fiscal year
Employee assistance program – free and confidential counseling and problem solving to deal with life
Life Insurance and AD&D – we provide at no cost to you
Long term disability – we provide at no cost to you
Alaska Marine Lines, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or national origin. Veterans and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Priority referrals for protected veterans.
A post conditional offer of employment physical, drug test and background investigation are required.
Random drug testing is required of all Alaska Marine Lines employees.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: