From claims to customer service to finance to marketing to information technology, an insurance company requires a host of careers to support the needs of the sizable customers and communities we serve. Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is the nation’s third-largest Personal Lines Property and Casualty insurance group. Founded in 1928 and still headquartered in Los Angeles after expanding to 41 states, Farmers provides home, auto, business, life and financial services to more than 10 million households.
Farmers Insurance Protégé Apprentice Agent
(1 Year PAID Internship - $2k/month plus bonuses)
1. Upon completion prequalification, interview and hiring by Mentor Agency Owner, the candidate will then need to have an approved Background Investigation done within 24hrs, successful licensing within 30 days and completion of all required modules with 1 week.
2. The Protégé Agent will receive a base salary of $2,000.00 *plus any other agreed upon bonuses by the Mentor Agency Owner upon hiring. Upon graduating the program, the Protégé Agent may select any existing new Entry-point route and if/any liquid capital requirements are required they will be waived as a reward for graduating. You will still need to secure financing if you wish to utilize the Agency Acquisition program. We are able to help with that thru our Farmers Federal Credit Union however, you may also secure financing on your own.
3. The following are some of the requirements, however, more detailed requirements will be added as this program grows with success, of what will be required of the Protégé Agent:
a. Mentor Agency Owner stipulations will apply
b. Required to quote 35 customers per week
c. Required to write a minimum of 18 P/C policies and 1 Life monthly
d. Must meet Production Requirements to stay in and graduate the program (discussed at interview)
e. Attend all District Training
f. Solicits and writes new business for his/her specialist department
g. Coordinates with the agent and/or operations manager to provide assistance in determining proper coverage
h. Provides underwriting and rating for new accounts
i. Maintains knowledge of new products and initiatives. Pursues a program for development of personal and business skills
j. Actively solicits expiration dates from new clients and prospects
k. Develops agency relationship with existing clients
l. Meets the production requirements and goals assigned by the agent or agency manager
m. Maintains monthly sales record and provides a copy for review to the agent and/or operations manager
n. Must follow District 10 Recipe for success, no exceptions!
4. District Mentors are responsible for housing the Protégé Agent and paying the required salary plus any other agreed upon bonuses. The Mentor and Protégé Agents will enter into a contract listing the above items as well as other internal items that the contract states at the time of hiring.
5. Please call Al Schilling, Executive Recruiter for District 10, at 253-686-1574 or email your resume to email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about this great position or would like to set up an interview.