Old Dominion Freight Line is currently recruiting for a Customer Service Representative to join our OD Family Culture. This role will successfully provide customer service duties in the service center, as well as support to other members of Old Dominion in a fast paced high call volume environment. A customer service representative is organized, has excellent communication skills, knowledgeable, task oriented, and has the ability to multi task. The positions assists customers by giving rate quotes, status of shipments, tracing shipments, and provides assistance with scheduling customer pickups and completing forms, such as, bill of lading, etc. The Customer Service Representative responds promptly to customers and coworker’s inquiries through AS400, SAP, telephone, email, and any other computer/internal freight monitoring systems used within the company, etc. in order to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Answer phones.
- Perform general customer service by responding to emails, scheduling delivery appointments, giving rate quotes, sales bids, status of shipments, helping customers correctly fill out bills of lading.
- Respond to customer issues, may include but not limited to looking up information, completing reports and updating websites, recording necessary information and responding to emails.
- Handle inquiries from members of Old Dominion by responding to emails, completing reports, etc.
- Perform computer functions using SAP/AS400 and Microsoft Office to complete reports, spreadsheets, emails, memos, look up information, etc.
- Must communicate well through many forms such as phone, email, face to face, etc.
- Files bills of ladings and delivery receipts.
- Operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers and phone systems.
- Creates, maintains and enters information into databases such as SAP or AS400 or other company/internal freight monitoring system used within the company.
- Completes forms and reports in accordance with company procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining open and concise communications to ensure a satisfactory customer service experience.