Contracts and Procurement Training Manager
For more info or to apply visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2735779/contracts-and-procurement-training-manager?keywords=training%20manager&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobsWe believe that diverse communities must be centered in the work that we do. Hence, we strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
Who we are:
The Department of Enterprise Services
(DES) is a central service organization, providing support and services for state agencies, cities and municipalities, higher education, vendors, and the citizens of the state of Washington. At DES, we passionately pursue our vision of:
- Satisfied customers,
- Satisfied team members, and
- Financial health.
We listen to customers and team members to understand what they need and expect. We promote creativity, learning, and improvement to meet those needs and adapt to the ever-changing business environment. We measure our results and seek feedback to improve our performance. We value respect, integrity, excellence, diversity and inclusion, and seek new team members that share those values.Who we are looking for:
The Contracts and Procurement (C&P) Division is seeking a new Contracts and Procurement Training Manager
to lead the training program that is responsible for delivering statewide training to 10,000+ contracts and purchasing personnel. The ideal candidate is a training and development professional and a leader who has the enthusiasm and zest for implementing and developing training materials that will have meaningful impact and positive results for our customers. Ideally, we would love you to have a procurement and contract background, but this is not a requirement. Additionally, innovative and broad thinking and the ability to quickly make appropriate decisions working in a highly visible political and governmental environment is required.Why you should join us:
You will have significant influence and impact on the development, application, and determination of how contract and procurement trainings, and related policies and practices will be implemented internally and statewide. You will have the opportunity to work with your team to plan, develop, and create meaningful training materials. You will have the ability to develop extensive professional relationships and get well connected to governmental agencies and outside stakeholders. Lastly, you will work in a place that truly values you and your ideas to improve processes that allow us to exceed our customer expectations.In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, we also offer:
- A work location close to downtown Olympia; close to the waterfront, Farmer's Market, Capitol Lake, Capitol Campus, and many restaurants
- Capitol Campus garage parking for the low cost of $35 per month
- Wellness activities, including internal exercise classes and a work location close to the Chehalis bike trail, on premise bike lockers and shower rooms
- On-site cafeteria/coffee shop
- Bus service (including the free DASH shuttle), Vanpool and other carpooling opportunities
- Mobile and flexible work opportunities
- An Infants in the Workplace program
- Supported growth and development, including many opportunities to promote within the agency
The Contracts and Procurement Training Manager's primary responsibility is to ensure that all Washington State procurement professionals have the necessary training to execute and manage procurements and/or contracts within their own respected capacities. The process involves the need to make consistent assessments and strategize what is best to include in the content of the training material developed. A significant aspect of the job includes a series of collaborations with interdisciplinary entities such as the Training Advisory Group, Policy Team, and other advisory related committees.
Some of what you will enjoy doing:
- Develop, manage and implement the enterprise-wide Contracts & Procurement Training Program to ensure that all Washington state procurement professionals have the necessary training to execute and manage procurements or contracts or both, as defined in DES policy and RCW 39.26.110.
- Assess enterprise-wide contract and procurement training needs, and seek to further develop the training program to include special tracks, trainings, and/or a certification program.
- Coach, mentor, train, and manage training program staff, and oversee any external training vendors or consultants.
- Apply Lean coaching, facilitation, mentoring, problem solving and Lean processes on a daily basis, to contribute to developing a Lean culture within the team and the agency.
- Facilitate the Training Advisory Group, and participate on other committees and advisory groups as the C&P training representative as needed.
- Provide mastery level training advice and direction to the Policy Team and other programs within the division to help ensure that division policies and practices are developed in such a way that enterprise-wide training resources can be provided.
- Assess training and development plans for the C&P division at the staff, program, and division levels to develop a structured, standardized and cost effective plan that has measurable outcomes.
- Formulate long-range strategic training plans, applying technology such as eLearning to enhance learning opportunities and reduce costs.
- Develop, facilitate and present classroom, one-on-one and other forms of training as needed.
- Manage, lead, and work in collaboration with others to develop and maintain a library of contract and procurement training materials; including a Procurement Manual, procurement and contracting samples, templates, and best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree; AND
- Five (5) years of experience developing, implementing, and/or managing comprehensive organizational development and training programs; AND
- Five (5) years of experience supervising and managing staff; AND
- Five (5) years of experience in presenting, designing, developing and facilitating training classes and events, including eTrainings.
**Note: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted, year for year, for the required education.
Preferred/Desired Education, Experience, and Competencies:
- Project management, PMP certification, and/or experience in developing and implementing a new state-wide comprehensive training program.
- Contracts or similar training program expertise.
- Specialized certifications in the fields of procurement, contracting, legal, training or related fields.
You must provide the information below; failure to do so will result in not being considered for this position:
- A letter of interest to describe why you are the best candidate and how you meet the specific qualifications for this position;
- Current resume, detailing experience, and education; and
- A current list of at least three (3) professional references with current contact information (attached or available to provide at the time of interview)
By submitting these materials, you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.
**This posting is open until filled. The Hiring Manager reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.**
Prior to any new appointment into the Department of Enterprise Services, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD214, or other verification of military service. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers. For additional information on Veteran's Preference and guidance on how to determine if you are eligible, click here.
Military Spouse Preference:
To take advantage of military spouse preference, you will have an opportunity to identify your status in the questionnaire.
We thank you and are grateful for your service!
The Department of Enterprise Services celebrates our differences and we are committed to a workplace that supports equal opportunity employment and inclusion regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We will also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance with their application or need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.
You are welcome to include the name and pronoun you would like to be referred to in your materials and we will honor this as you interact with our organization.
Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Jennifer McWaid at (360) 407-8210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.