What we do In partnership with parents and community, we will provide a comprehensive educational experience that is rigorous, individualized and enables students to contribute to a changing and diverse world. What we want to be We will be an outstanding school district in which all students exhibit high standards of achievement and critical thinking skills, and are socially responsible, contributing members of their community.
Athletics - Event Staff (Job ID 6664)
Tacoma Public Schools
Tacoma School District is hiring for various hourly Athletic event positions such as Ticket Seller, Bowl Worker (soccer and football), Score Keeper, Event Timer, Swim Starter/Timer, Ticket Taker, Scoreboard operator and announcer.
This is a part-time hourly/seasonal position that assists with various tasks during athletic events as assigned. Specific information regarding the particular roles listed above will be provided in the interview process.
This position is open until filled, screening is ongoing as the need arises
Hourly rate: $12.35
Minimum age requirement: 16
Qualifications and Considerations
1. Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills.
2. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business/athletic department needs.
3. Ability to pass a background check
4. Ability to follow written and verbal directions and communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
5. Ability to read and understand materials printed in English.
6. Possess good problem solving skills and have the capacity to act rationally and calmly in high stress or emergency situations.
7. Ability to represent Tacoma Public Schools in a professional manner.
Other Job Duties
1. Attends district and building meetings as needed.
2. Performs necessary correspondence duties.
3. Updates knowledge by attending clinics, workshops, and maintain familiarity with current activity trends and innovative ideas.
4. Performs related duties as assigned.
Work with Students and other staff in indoor/outdoor setting; physical ability to lift and move equipment up to 50 pounds; maybe exposed to infectious diseases and inclement weather. requires late evening meeting times or work hours.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Tacoma School District administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the primary functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Tacoma Public Schools does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator: Lisa Nolan, 253-571-1252, email@example.com; Title IX Coordinator: Eric Hogan, 253-571-1191, firstname.lastname@example.org; and 504 Coordinator: Elementary, Steven Mondragon, email@example.com, 253-571-1173; Secondary, Jon Bell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 253-571-1225. Address: P.O. Box 1357, Tacoma, WA 98401-1357.
HRInfo@tacoma.k12.wa.us, (253) 571-1250