Intercity Transit is the municipal agency that provides public transportation for people who live and work in the WA state capitol of Olympia and surrounding communities. Services include bus routes, paratransit, vanpools, specialized van programs and active community partnerships. Intercity Transit is the recipient of many awards including “America’s Best Public Transportation System.” Our mission is to provide and promote transportation choices that support an accessible, sustainable, livable, healthy and prosperous community. Please visit our website at www.intercitytransit.com for more information.
Intercity Transit is currently recruiting for two full-time Administrative Assistants for the Human Resources Division and the Vanpool Division. (A job share/2 part-time employees may be considered for the HR position.) Both positions are non-exempt, eligible for overtime. Our excellent benefits package includes health insurance, various retirement benefit options and paid sick and vacation leave. Wage range is $23.33 to $31.51 per hour.
• The Administrative Assistant will perform specialized administrative activities in support of the main administrative office or vanpool/rideshare services, customer service, office inventory management and data processing.
• Greets and assists employees, customers, community partners and public with inquiries.
• Performs routine clerical duties, to include typing correspondence, editing and proofreading, filing, processing agency mail, photocopying and more.
• The Vanpool Assistant also liaisons with vanpool volunteer coordinators and customers, drivers, agency maintenance, bookkeepers, employers, insurance agencies, credit reporting agencies, licensing agencies and other pertinent sources.
• Associates Degree and a minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible administrative support experience OR
• An equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHALL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
• Exceptional customer service and public relations skills that reflect courtesy and respect, while maintaining a positive attitude, sense of humor and contributing to a diverse team environment.
• Demonstrates reliability with regular, predictable attendance.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, etc.); ability to quickly adapt to unfamiliar software programs.
• Excellent listening skills and superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, ensuring accuracy, multi-tasking and handling interruptions appropriately; ensuring assignments are completed in a timely and effective manner.
• Demonstrates experience maintaining records (manual and electronic) and performing precise data entry with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrates good independent judgement using basic analysis and research skills.
• Effectively manages projects and assignments that span days, weeks and sometimes longer.
• Vanpool Assistant must be comfortable performing duties in a vehicle maintenance/shop environment.
• Vanpool Assistant must possess a valid Washington State driver’s license and maintain acceptable driving record during employment.
• Must be willing to submit to a post-job-offer criminal background investigation, the results of which must meet the agency’s hiring criteria.
Apply online only at www.intercitytransit.com. A letter of interest and resume that includes last ten years of work/school history are required. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Intercity Transit’s preferred method of communication is via email, so accurate and active email addresses are essential.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend a required skills testing session on
Saturday, November 10, 2018 from 9:00am – 11:00am as the first screening assessment for the positions.
Completed applications must be received by Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 11:59pm.