*** Must have a TS SCI w Full scope POLY ***
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Provides financial strategic program guidelines and initiatives through the provision of effective/timely client support.
- Ensures financial program data integrity and reporting accuracy.
- Recommends and maintains appropriate internal controls to minimize the risk of inaccurate data.
- Provides extensive technical financial advice, guidance, and instruction to program managers, staff and others on the full range of accounting processes, workflow, and directorate/office/unit priorities.
- Continuously reviews and assesses financial processes and procedures to identify and implement changes to gain efficiencies.
2. Manages the day-to-day accounting activities within area of assignment, ensuring financial compliance.
- Analyzes and reconciles General Ledger accounts to identify and resolve all complex discrepancies, interacting with customers in the resolution of complex problems or controversial issues.
- Analyzes financial data from various systems; creates reports for and provides briefings to senior managers and makes recommendations in support of the mission.
- Participates on various resource working groups and meetings, providing advice on financial policies and procedures.
3. May manage contractor staff.
- Assigns and monitors the contractor workload in the area of assignment.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures data integrity by working to obtain favorable Office of the Inspector General (OIG) audit opinions, and, ultimately, auditable financial statements.
- Performs the analysis and testing of systems that interface with the accounting system to ensure the integrity of accounting data.
- Participates in the preparation and review of financial statements that support the client and Working Capital Fund (WCF) businesses.
- Participates in the analysis of WCF financial statements and other financial data submitted by business enterprises and offers guidance on issues and corrective actions.
- Briefs and/or provides supporting documentation to senior management in response to questions from client management and/or external reviewers (i.e., OMB and Congress).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Extensive knowledge of federal appropriation law and ability to obtain extensive knowledge of client regulations, concepts, methods and standards impacting financial activities.
- Extensive knowledge of customer mission requirements sufficient to anticipate required financial support.
- Considerable knowledge of quality assurance procedures to ensure data integrity and timeliness of the data.
- Ability to apply analytic and diagnostic techniques and qualitative techniques sufficient to identify, evaluate, and recommend to managers appropriate financial solutions to resolve interrelated financial problems and issues.
- Ability to interact with senior directorate/office managers in order to contribute to and influence decision-making.
- Ability to prepare and deliver comprehensive briefings to senior directorate and/or corporate finance managers on finance topics.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, and/or manage and develop contractor staff.
- Ability to manage competing contractor priorities and work requirements by continuously evaluating the needs of the client’s mission against on-going work.
- Strong written communication skills to compose and deliver highly technical responses to senior management and client customers’ inquiries and concerns.
- Strong analytical skills necessary to compile data, analyze it, and develop financial reports.
Supervision Received and Given
Received: Works independently; receives broad lateral guidance and tasking from senior managers within area of assignment.
Given: May be responsible for the direct supervision of assigned contractor personnel.
“MBA CSi is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.”
EOE – Minority/ Female/ Veteran/ Disabled