Alaska Marine Lines is the leading marine transportation company providing barge service to and from Alaska and Hawaii. Benefits include: Amazing medical, dental and vision; Employer contribution towards spouse & dependent coverage; Matching contributions for 401(k); Defined contribution retirement plan; Flexible spending account; Employee assistance program; Group term life insurance; Long term disability and more. *Summary of benefits is offered to full time employees after waiting period and is subject to change at any time.
Alaska Marine Lines, the leading marine transportation company providing barge service to and from Alaska and Hawaii. We offer a stable and set work schedule that gives you a life outside of work. Having not had a single layoff in 35+ years, we offer you job stability in a career that can take you to retirement. Competitive pay and great benefits with a solid company that cares about its employees makes AML the place for you.
Do you have a degree in accounting and are looking to start your Staff Accounting career? Do you want job stability and great benefits that will lead you to retirement? Alaska Marine Lines is looking for a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting with up to 3 years related accounting experience.
What you mean to us: You provide financial accounting support and functions related to period closing including:
* Perform general accounting functions related to period closing to support preparation of financial statements and managerial reporting.
* Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries using financial and statistical data to be reviewed, validated, and uploaded in the EBS system.
* Reconcile balance sheet accounts and records necessary transactions.
* Perform analytics with the intent of finding errors and/or explaining variances.
* Review miscellaneous invoicing and assign proper general ledger coding.
* Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of U.S. GAAP.
* Assist with the year-end audit by compiling and summarizing financial information.
* Perform functions related to accounting for intercompany transactions and balances.
* May perform work associated with property, fuel and sales tax application and /or reporting.
Our Benefits include:
*Paid Time off - 8 paid holidays, 17 days paid time off a year (PTO) and extended leave paid time
* Health - Complete benefit plan including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
* Health for your family – we contribute towards medical, dental and vision for your spouse and dependents with low employee contributions
* 401(k) - we match of up to 50% of your first 6% contribution after 1 year of service
* Additional retirement contribution – we add an annual contribution equal to 3% of your pay after 1 year of service
* Tuition Reimbursement - Up to 50% of tuition and books with a maximum of $3,500 per fiscal year
* Employee assistance program – free and confidential counseling and problem solving to deal with life
* Life Insurance and AD&D – we provide at no cost to you
* Long term disability – we provide at no cost to you
Alaska Marine Lines, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or national origin. Veterans and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Priority referrals for protected veterans.
A post conditional offer of employment drug test and background investigation are required.
Random drug testing is required of all Alaska Marine Lines employees.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: