JOINT BASE LEWIS-MCCHORD CAREER SUMMIT REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
24-25 September 2019
1700-1900 Networking Event at American Lake Conference Center
*0800-Registration at ALCC (You will not need to register at the event if you register HERE)
*0830-1245 Hiring Our Heroes Program for Service Members
*1300-1600 HOH Career Fair at 16CAB Hangar
Lewis Main, Hangar 31010 behind Nelson Rec Center, 2nd Division Drive.
* Attendance is Mandatory for Soldiers leaving the military in the next 12 Months (Oct19-Sep20) per ICorps OPORD 503-19, 593d ESC OPORD 271-19, 7ID OPORD 394-19
JBLM MILITARY SPOUSE EMPLOYMENT SYMPOSIUM
24 September 2019
CLASSES, WORKSHOPS, INFORMATION SESSIONS & JOB FAIRS
WEEKLY HAWK CAREER CENTER EVENTS (Excluding Federal Holidays)
11577 41st Division Drive, JBLM - Lewis North 98433
- Hawk Career Center Direct Hire Event; Every Wednesday from 11:00am to 1:00pm in the Lobby. Meet employers during the lunch hour and find out more about their open employment opportunties. Open to Transitioning Service Members, Military Spouses, Veterans, and all other DoD ID Card holders.
- Hawk Career Center Career Fair; Every Friday from 11:00am to 1:00pm in the Lobby. Meet with veteran's service organizations and training program representatives during the lunch hour to find out more about available career development opportunities. Open to Transitioning Service Members, Military Spouses, Veterans, and all other DoD ID Card holders. Registration not required.
- Orientation to WorkSource Services; Every Friday from 9:00 to 10:00am in the Auditorium. The most difficult part of any job search may be taking the first step, and we're here to help. Join our workshop and receive an overview of job search services available at WorkSource, an Introduction to WorkSourceWA.com,an online resource for finding work in Washington State, a presentation of the many employment and training opportunities available, connection with an employment specialist, your experts in the job market, and a job search readiness guide. This is a drop-in class, registration is not required.
- JBLM Transition Summit; 24-25 Sep at ALCC and 16th CAB Hangar. Join us for a free hiring fair and transition summit for Service Members, veterans, and military spouses. This event features leadership from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, local community leaders, key federal & state agencies, influential military leaders, and innovators in the business and employer community. Registration
- RecruitMilitary Job Fair; 17 Oct from 11am to 3pm, American Lake Conference Center, JBLM. This event targets transitioning service members, spouses, dependents, and veterans. We provide the opportunity for service members, families and veterans to meet face-to-face with companies looking to hire. These companies are hiring for a multitude of different markets including: Law Enforcement, Healthcare, Finance, Educational Institutions, Federal/Contract Positions, Transportation, Logistics and more. This event is free for those attending. For more information visit: RecruitMilitary
- Hire GI Job Fair; 7 Nov from 11am to 1pm at American Lake Conference Center, JBLM. Hire G.I. is a national career service company specializing in Veteran Career Fairs, with many years of experience in connecting veteran job seekers with industry leading companies that are currently hiring. This is your opportunity to interview face to face with 20+ Industry Leading companies seeking talented, experienced and enthusiastic candidates. Please be sure to upload your resume to: HireGI
- Operation GoodJobs Veteran Networking Events; 20 Nov from 11am to 2pm, Hosted quarterly by Operation GoodJobs (Goodwill: Military and Veteran Services) at American Lake Conference Center – Lewis North. These events are free to job seekers and offer the opportunity to meet with HR, recruiters and representatives from 60-80 government and private sector businesses and organizations that are dedicated to employing veterans. Registration: Job Seekers Employers/Service Providers/Partners
PROGRAM INFORMATION & CONTACTS
Military to Manufacturing Career Pathways Program (M2M) is a manufacturing industry driven program sponsored by CAMPS (Center for Advanced Manufacturing Puget Sound). M2M is a three day workshop focusing on entry-level, semi-skilled, skilled and leadership positions in the manufacturing industry. Special emphasis is placed on helping military personnel understand advanced manufacturing and the skills translation from military to manufacturing positions. CAMPS works through the process that results in job placement. Contact: Stacie Buchanan
Onward to Opportunity – the NW Edge is 6 week program, meeting every Tuesday, facilitated by different partnering agencies providing specialized transition workshops covering: Speaking Civilian, Social Media-LinkedIn, WA State Economic Demographics, Resume Tailoring, Interview Workshop, Mock Interviews, WA State Opportunities, and a NW Edge Social with employers. For more information contact Ben Dufay
Career Exploration Planning Track (CEPT) is a two day workshop that will assist transitioning service members in identifying civilian technical occupations, establishing career goals, highlight VA education benefits, and beginning applications for credentialing and vocation training. Classes are located at Hawk Career Center. For more info or to register call 253-967-3258.
Accessing Higher Education (HE) track prepares you to transition as a full-time student. The 3 day class and field trip focuses on identifying personal education goals, researching schools and obtaining financial assistance, and contacting /applying for admission to colleges and universities with a goal of obtaining a degree. By selecting this track you will create a customized plan for a successful transition to a higher education institution. For more info, or to register, call 253-967-3258.
Career Skills Program is civilian advancement opportunities, that prepare service members, veterans, and spouses for industry-specific job training and certifications including job placement assistance. For more informationcall (253)477-4748/4743. Briefings are held every Monday at 12 pm at Crittenberger Career Skills Center (Bldg. 3271 next to Evergreen Chapel) (walk-ins welcome)
- Hiring our Heroes Corporate Fellowship is a program open to eligible active duty service members transitioning out of the military within six months from the start of this program. Additionally, this program is also open to all military spouses of active duty service members. Military leaders and spouses need a transition program that can significantly build their civilian network, and add civilian work experience to their resume. Becoming a fellow in this program notably increases the chances of landing a career that correlates with your education, experience and current level of pay. In addition, weekly fellow huddles, and guest speaker/mentor programs will also be taught during the program. For more information contact: Rob Comer
JBLM DPFR Employment Readiness Program: Located at the Hawk Career Center Rm.212, Lewis North. ERP Classes and appointments are available to all DoD ID Card holders, to include Military Spouses, Veterans, and retirees. Recurring classes offered monthly are: Resume 101, The Complete Federal Resume, and LinkedIn 360. Interview Ready and Job Fair Success classes are conducted on a quarterly basis. One-on-one appointments are also available for career counseling, corporate and federal resume review, mock interviews, job search assistance, and more. Register online for any of the above classes/services at jblmdpfr.timetap.com or call (253) 477-WORK (9675).
Operation GoodJobs provides job placement services, employer networking opportunities, skills training, resume writing skills and mock interviews, as well as quarterly hiring events on JBLM, all at no cost. For information, attend an orientation every Friday at 1:50 PM at the Starbucks at 10314 S. Tacoma Way, Lakewood, WA (exit 127 off I-5) or on the 4th Thursday of every month at the Lacey Veterans Service Hub at 4232 6th Avenue SE, #202. More at Operation GoodJobs or (253) 573-6789.
USO provides connections to public, private and corporate resources and programs for transitioning service members, veterans and military families. The services are all free of charge, for employment, education, benefits, housing, family programs, finance and legal assistance. JBLM USO Pathfinder Scouts are now exclusively co-located at the ACU Bank, Bldg. 2201 on 12th and Pendleton, JBLM. USO NW (also known as Camp Lewis), occupies the space closest to the main entrance of the ACU offering hospitality: food, beverages, lounge chairs, TV, and more. Camp Lewis is open to active duty service members and their families. Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 AM through 5 PM. USO Pathfinder
- VIE-25 is a initiative designed to help exiting service members obtain a professional/technical certificate while they are still on active duty. The VIE-25 has a partnership with seven of the Community and Technical Colleges in the surrounding area that allow service members the opportunity to complete a certificate program that is usually 1-2 quarters. By using the MOA, a service member has the opportunity to attend classes as a student during normal duty hours for the last six months of their active duty service. Funding for this initiative is through the Workforce Education/Worker Retraining grant. The Workforce Education/Worker Retraining dollars have been allocated federally and by the state in order to assist service members in paying for these professional/technical certificates as they transition out of the military and into a new career field or to enhance the work they have done while on active duty by obtaining one of the many certificates in some of the nation's and Washington's top industries. Sign up at Stone Ed Appointments
Work of Honor is a community of veterans and business professionals committed to combining the best in class business and military operational strategies to create a strong economic community. WOH works with Veterans as well as the business community to facilitate job placement by hosting networking events, providing mentors and hosting a robust website that connects the two together. For more information please see their website Work of Honor. They are located at 1901 Jefferson Ave., Ste 214, Tacoma, WA 98402, (206)686-2898.
- WorkSource JBLM is a joint venture of organizations dedicated to augmenting and aligning services with SFL-TAP to assist and support transitioning service members, spouses/families, veterans, retirees and federal contractors with employment and training needs. WorkSource provides a framework for an effective, efficient, and consistent approach that delivers employment and training services statewide to a diverse group of customers with all levels of education, skills, experience and backgrounds. WorkSource staff and service providers are located in Hawk Career Center, room 206, M–F 0800 – 1200 and 1300 – 1630. For more information or to schedule an appointment please call (253) 966-2252. WorkSource
- WorkSource: Career Path Services offers assistance with funding for short term training and certifications, for both Military Spouses and Transitioning service members. CPS can also help spouses without a High School Diploma attain their GED. Staff are located on-site in the Hawk Career Center, Room 215, M–F 0800 - 1630. For more information or to schedule an appointment please email or call:
- Nelva March: 253-477-4754
How are we doing?