Provide administrative support to the department. Working safely is part of our culture and is a condition of employment.
• Assist VP and assigned departmental personnel in budget review and capital expenditure meetings; take notes and research and/or correct any discrepancies discussed.
• Maintain a professional and customer service oriented representation to all who call or visit the department
• Review invoices for capital and non-capital items prior to approval and research and resolve any discrepancies.
• Assist in preparation of purchasing request and enter requisitions into SAP, periodically review Open Purchase Order Report with the Buyer and resolve any discrepancies.
• Liaison between VP, Regional VPs and assigned departmental managers and supervisors.
• Administer various employee programs such as uniform programs or activity programs.
• Coordinate travel arrangements for assigned departmental personnel.
• Coordinate and participate in special events for assigned departmental facilities.
• Distribute reports to all Regional Managers as appropriate.
• Complete and submit expense reports for assigned departmental managers.
Educational attainment equivalent to high school graduation
Knowledge of MS Office Suites and/or software applications related to job functions
Ability to type 40 words per minute and operate a calculator by touch
Excellent math skills
Detail oriented, good organizational skills and excellent written and verbal skills
Familiarity with general office equipment
Ability to compose original correspondence, letters and memos effectively and fluently
Ability to direct and control staff with supervisory skills as needed
Ability to work independently
Thorough knowledge of office administration, accounting and office support practices and procedures
Thorough knowledge of record keeping methods
Knowledge of computerized purchasing system and procurement methods
Ability to work overtime as required