To see full job description AND you must apply online at: www.careers.wa.gov SEARCH: Environmental
This is a Part-Time position with working hours Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Pollution Liability Insurance Agency (PLIA) provides an effective and efficient government funding model that helps owners and operators meet financial responsibility and environmental cleanup requirements for underground storage tanks.
This is a great opportunity for career growth. We would like to hire you as an Environmental Specialist 3 and you will have the opportunity to train to become an Environmental Specialist 4! If you meet the qualifications and your experience and values are aligned with ours, please apply TODAY!
As the Environmental Specialist 3 you will support the agency mission by performing oversight and consultation on technically complex petroleum contaminated cleanup projects relating to the agency's underground storage tank (UST) and heating oil programs. You will engage with owners and operators of USTs and heating oil tanks to help them ensure that they follow applicable state regulations and standards relating to UST cleanups administered under agency programs.Some of what you will be doing will include:
- Providing agency oversight for complex UST remediation projects performed statewide.
- Reviewing and analyzing proposed cleanup action plans and highlighting any areas of deficiency or concern.
- Performing site visits to observe projects in progress and ensure appropriate environmental cleanup practices are being employed.
- Analyzing final cleanup action reports and exercise independent decision-making authority to prepare written opinions approving project closeouts or notifying site owners of further steps necessary to move projects toward closure that meet the substantive components of the Model Toxics Control Act.
- Meeting with consultants, owners, third party administrators, and other stakeholders to resolve concerns/issues and promote good communications.
- Maintaining project records, database, and tracking systems.